Maybe you are planning to have your destination wedding and honeymoon in Costa Rica. You should be so because there is no other place in the world that is more romantic than Costa Rica. Every inch of the country is blessed with stunning natural backdrops that deliver an unforgettable experience.
The Wedding and honeymoon are very special events in life. So it should be as unique as the love story. Having a mix of adventure, fun, and relaxation, Costa Rica is the most idyllic wedding and honeymoon destination. The country boasts wedding venues and honeymoon destinations for every taste. It also allows guests to explore nature’s paradise and enjoy their symbolic honeymoon.
However, planning a destination wedding and honeymoon needs proper planning. Read on!
The Best Months for a Costa Rica Wedding
Costa Rica has two seasons, dry and rainy. Although it is a pretty small country, it has several microclimates. So, whether it will be a dry season or a rainy season depends on the location. For example, Guanacaste and Puerto Viejo dry seasons are different. Moreover, it is ideal to avoid the high seasons when there is a tourist influx, and the prices of everything go up.
Remember, you have to consider several factors for the wedding at home. And now, you are going to get married and honeymoon in a different country! As such, it is best to hire a wedding planner for picking the best venue, caterer, hairdresser, officiant, photographer, etc.
The Best Wedding Destinations in Costa Rica
- Alajuela Province: It is close to Nicaragua and has several wellness retreats and eco-friendly boutique lodges. The place is rich in virgin natural surroundings and multiple volcanoes made the province a tourism haven. It also has luxury options for weddings and offers fun alternatives.
- Arenal Volcano: It is one of the most talked about natural landmarks of Costa Rica. It lets one enjoy the wedding in a unique volcanic backdrop with beautiful waterfalls and rainforests. Boutique hotels or luxury all-inclusive resorts are there near the volcano. Couples and guests can enjoy their stay there. On-site hot springs are also available in some of them.
- Guanacaste: If you prefer a beach wedding, Guanacaste is the place for that. It boasts beautiful beaches and coastal jungles that offer a memorable experience. Couples, who like to host an all-inclusive wedding, can have it at the luxury resorts in Papagayo Peninsula. They offer incredible views of the Pacing Ocean. Alternatively, couples may also choose Tamarindo for their wedding. Tamarindo boasts intimate private villas with facilities to explore beaches, surf, and wildlife.
- Manuel Antonio: Nothing can match the experience of picking the national park for a wedding venue. Manuel Antonio happens to be a popular destination. Couples and guests can enjoy their stay by hiking on the trails or snorkeling in the coral reef. While pristine beaches leave an everlasting memory, they can also watch monkeys and sloths in the jungle.
- San Jose: It is the ideal place for couples who love to say their vows in a big city hall. It is the capital of Costa Rica is boasts beautiful parks, exciting landmarks, great museums, and several wedding venues. While the city does not offer any beach or natural views, there is ample scope to enjoy the warm Costa Rican hospitality. San Jose offers a great wedding destination for couples preferring an urban environment.
Honeymoon in Costa Rica
The best advantage of hosting a wedding in Costa Rica is the honeymoon! As couples are already in paradise, the honeymoon starts on the next day after the wedding. Besides exploring pristine beaches, they can enjoy their honeymoon by sailing into the sunset, relaxing in a thermal spa, riding on horseback, or zip lining over the forest. The following honeymoon destinations offer a magical honeymoon experience.
- Arenal Volcano
- Gulf Of Papagayo
- Manuel Antonio
- Osa Peninsula
- Puerto Viejo
- Santa Teresa
It is easy to get married in Costa Rica. Couples need to provide a copy of their passports and the officiant takes care of all paperwork. Couples may also need to produce sworn and notarized statements they are not married anywhere else, and proof of divorce from their previous marriage. One also needs to produce two witnesses who are not family members.
The Costa Rica National Registry issues official marriage certificates after 4 to 6 weeks. Couples need to translate it by an official translator for authentication by the Costa Rican Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They should get it authenticated by their embassy in Costa Rica.