Tamarindo sits on the Nicoya Peninsula in the Guanacaste province of Costa Rica on the pacific coastline. The place is famous for surfing, outdoor activities, luxurious resorts, etc. Tamarindo is an incredible travel destination for couples, friends, and families with an urge for relaxation and adventure. Continue reading to have some essential information for a memorable Tamarindo trip.
Best all-inclusive resorts in Tamarindo
Beginning as a quiet and quaint fishing town, Tamarindo has soon grown into a popular Costa Rica destination with several all-inclusive resorts.
Almost 2,000 acres of tropical forest and a white sand beach surround this all-inclusive resort. The resort simulates a modern village with elegance and sophistication located beside an impressive free-form pool. It happens to be the largest all-Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica. It is a perfect choice for visitors who prefer to stay in one place and appreciate everything. The resort boasts luxurious accommodations and excellent restaurants that offer fine dining. Additionally, three casual restaurants and a casino are also there. It also has a golf course with 18 holes which can host all sorts of championships.
It is another all-inclusive resort in Tamarindo. It sits on about 4,000-acre area and the property boasts two beach clubs that guests can enjoy during their stay. The place features regional décor of the colonial period and has a Spanish influence. Visitors can have access to three beaches along with a residential community. Having the largest swimming pool in Central America it is also suitable for family vacations. The resort also boasts a golf course with 18 holes, an equestrian center, a tennis court, a world-class spa, etc. it also features a spa that lets one enjoy many services from beach massages to purifying facials besides luxurious rooms.
This all-inclusive resort is located along a tranquil beach on the Pacific coastline. It overlooks the Parque Nacional Marino Las Baulas and is about 2 kilometers from the Tamarindo shops and restaurants. It has ocean-front rooms, suites, and family rooms. Non-smoking rooms are also available. The rooms feature air-conditioning, a private balcony, a mini-bar, a refrigerator, a flat-screen TV, and housekeeping facilities. The property offers several amenities like free parking facilities, Wi-Fi connection, Fitness center, spa, poolside bar, tennis court, full body massage, etc.
Couples resorts in Tamarindo, Costa Rica
When relaxation and hanging out have the top priority the following honeymoon resorts in Tamarindo can deliver you everything.
1. Jardin del Eden Boutique Hotel
Located on Tamarindo beach, it happens to be an oasis to relax in privacy. Nestled in a spectacular garden, the hotel takes you away from the tantrums of beach life. It offers a private ocean-front garden with bars and restaurants. The room rent includes a gourmet breakfast and a delicious dinner. The hotel offers bridal suites, ocean-front rooms, etc with free parking facilities.
2. Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort
Located in Playa Tamarindo, it is one of the iconic resorts for couples. The long stretch of white sand beach is just a few paces away from the resort. It offers pure relaxation in the gardens facing the ocean. The room features air-conditioning, a private balcony, a TV, housekeeping facilities, etc. It also offers free parking facilities, free Wi-Fi connection, a pool, and a fitness center. Staying there one can also explore the vibrant beach town life for a change.
3. JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa
It offers an authentic Costa Rican experience to the guest. It boasts the bio-diversity of the region. This all-inclusive resort is ideal for vacating couples. They can take a dip in the swimming pool, play golf or tennis, enjoy an equestrian ride, or can relax in the spa. Their presidential suit delivers the most memorable experience for a couple’s vacation.
4. Cala Luna Boutique Hotel
It is about 2 kilometers south of Tamarindo airport. It boasts Open-plan spaces, and the rooms and suites merge into a lush jungle that is full of birds, monkeys, raccoons, etc. The hotel ensures holistic wellness by providing foods prepared with farm-fresh ingredients. It also offers free parking facilities and a free high-speed internet connection.
5. Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo
It lets one escape to a tropical paradise. Staying here you can enjoy golden sands under shady palms and dive in the warm and blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. It is the perfect destination to relax with your partner while sipping a cocktail and overlooking the vast expanse of the Pacific Ocean. You can do many outdoor activities. It is a perfect place for romance and adventure.
Family Vacation in Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Tamarindo, Costa Rica lures everyone to enjoy sunny days and long evenings with kids and families. While families could be of any size, Tamarindo, Costa Rica has something for everyone. Of course, you would be visiting the gorgeous Tamarindo beach on your Tamarindo trip. They are family-friendly and safe. You will also find several grocery stores and restaurants. If you have kids, you should opt for kid-friendly activities. You can join a surf lesson. Tamarindo is safe for surfing. Or, you can take the kids on a Tamarindo estuary boat tour. You will explore the flora and fauna and watch a variety of wildlife including birds, crocodiles, iguanas, monkeys, etc. You can stay at the all-inclusive family resorts or in vacation rentals.
Getaways in Tamarindo, Costa Rica
No one can avoid Tamarindo when planning a Costa Rica Trip. Tamarindo lets one have the experience of the Guanacaste region and you will not get a chance to wonder what to do there. If you are looking for sand, sea, sun, and surf, Tamarindo can offer a perfect getaway. The place is booming with hotels and resorts that lure everyone for a perfect vacation getaway.
Group Getaway Locations in Tamarindo, Costa Rica
The following places offer one of the best group activities in Tamarindo.
Things To Do in Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Tamarindo offers to do many things from visiting beautiful beaches, snorkeling, riding on horseback, and hiking.
- Tamarindo happens to be one of the best destinations for surfing in Costa Rica. Visitors can opt for surfing lessons there. The place boasts many surf shops. May to November is the ideal surfing time in Tamarindo for experienced surfers. December to April is ideal for beginners.
- You can also join a sunset boat cruise. They start from Tamarindo and follow the pacific coastlines. The visitors can enjoy a sunset while sipping a favorite cocktail.
- Kayaking is another great thing to do in Tamarindo. It offers a great opportunity to explore mangroves and the Tamarindo estuary and see the varied wildlife of the area.
- Enjoy a standup paddle board (SUP) in the calm water of the Tamarindo estuary. Even beginners can do this. It lets one explore the flora & fauna and varieties of fishes.
- Do Snorkeling or Scuba Diving. Plenty of tour operators are there who take visitors on such trips.
- Take a Zip Lining tour. You can go to Rincon de la Vieja National Park for this. It is about one and half hour’s drive from Tamarindo. One can swing from one tree to another over steel cables the beauty of nature underneath.
Best Places To Eat
Tamarindo had transformed into a unique travel destination over the years. Plenty of restaurants are also there which offer mouthwatering dishes making it one of the top culinary destinations. You can try the following restaurants.
1. Antichi Sapori: Located at Avenida Central Plaza, Tamarindo it offers authentic Italian dishes. The restaurant also includes a bar.
2. NOI Bistro: It offers the best breakfast and brunch in Tamarindo. It also serves jam, pancakes, waffles, and healthy smoothie bowls.
3. Wabi-Sabi Sushi: Located at Plaza Esmeralda, it serves delicious sushi in varieties of flavors. You can also get teriyaki bowls, poke bowls, and salads there.
4. Green Papaya Taco Bar: This Tamarindo restaurant offers delicious Mexican tacos and margaritas. It boasts a small comfy patio and offers casual outdoor dining.
5. Seasons Tamarindo: It is the place for the best Mediterranean dishes. Its menu includes fresh seafood, meat, vegetable, and vegan dishes. They also serve good wine.
6. Pizzeria La Baula: This open-air restaurant serves the best authentic pizza. They serve many pizza varieties including meaty pizzas with tasty toppings and salads. It is a family restaurant and has a bar.
7. Patagonia Argentinian Grill & Restaurant: It is a place for steak lovers. The restaurant serves a diverse menu of premium quality steaks with different meat cuts along with drinks and desserts.
8. Nalu Bagel & Café: They serve delicious breakfasts including banana bread, bagel sandwiches, hummus toast, vegan smoothies, etc. to keep you full for sightseeing.
9. El Mercadito: It is a food market located in the heart of Tamarindo. This vibrant place includes many restaurants that serve delicious menu options including traditional Costa Rican dishes.
10. The ROOF: Located in the Super Compro Building, Tamarindo, it offers the best sunset view. They serve wood-fired pizzas and delicious cocktails. It is the ideal place to chill after a tiring day
Best Beaches to Visit
Tamarindo boasts spectacular beaches and azure Pacific waters. You can visit these 7 best beaches.
1. Tamarindo Beach: It is also known as Playa Tamarindo and has a stretch of soft, blonde sand. It offers one of the most beautiful sceneries in Guanacaste.
2. Playa Langosta: It is about a mile off Tamarindo. It happens to be one of the best beaches for surfers. You can enjoy enormous Costa Rican waves there.
3. Playa Grande: It has turned into a model for surfers across the world. It is located in the Las Baulas National Marine Park and one can see the largest marine turtles there.
4. Playa Conchal: It offers one of the most incomparable sceneries in Costa Rica for its sand quality and shells. Visitors can take part in water sports there.
5. Playa Hermosa: Located in Hermosa Bay, it happens to be one of the most ecological beaches in Costa Rica. It is known for its quality of water and offers a variety of water sports.
6. Playa Nancite Beach: Located in Guanacaste province it lies within the Santa Rosa National Park and boasts a long stretch of white sand crystal clear waters. It is also a nesting place for marine turtles.
7. Playa Flamingo: It is one of the best beaches to sunbathe on the fine sand and enjoy turquoise water. The place offers various water sports. One can do diving and water-skiing or can go for recreational deep-water fishing.
What To Do On A Budget
Visiting Tamarindo is expensive. However, the following money-saving tips will help when you are on a budget.
- Explore happy hours for beer deals.
- Avoid expensive tour activities.
- Enjoy discounted rates by combining tours.
- Shop around for everything.
- Eat at the Sodas. These family-run restaurants provide inexpensive meals.
- Carry a water bottle with a purifier.
- Look for budget hostels.
- Explore Tamarindo on a bicycle.
- Visit in the off-season.
Best time of the year to visit
If you consider the weather mid-November through August is the best time to visit Tamarindo. You should visit Tamarindo from September through March for seeing leatherback turtles. There are great waves for surfers from June through October.
Is Tamarindo, Costa Rica Safe?
Tamarindo is safe for visitors if you apply your travel sense. You should not roam around on the beach when it is dark. Also, avoid isolated areas and never flaunt your valuables. You should also buy travel insurance. It protects against illness, injuries, thefts, etc.
Tamarindo, Costa Rica is an ideal vacation destination for solo and family trips. It has something for everyone and exudes a unique vibe to charm visitors. You can do many things and gain an unforgettable experience by visiting Tamarindo. Visit it and enjoy!